We are excited to bring back the Dog Mile for 2017! For years, dogs have been welcome to take part in our recreational wave, and now our furry friends have a race all their own! Sign you and your pooch up for the inaugural Macklind Dog Mile and prove who has the fastest four legs in town!
Since this is now a category all on its own, here are a few things you need to know before registering:
- In order to participate, all dogs must have a current rabies identification tag number. This information is required during online registration.
- Only one dog allowed per runner
- All dogs must be at least 6 months old, and up to date on all of their vaccinations
- The person participating with the dog will be responsible for the conduct of the animal at ALL times during the event (start line, course, finish line, and festival area)
- All dogs must be on a leash of 6 ft. or less. Retractable/Adjustable leashes are NOT allowed.
- Spiked collars are NOT allowed
- No matter where you are at the start line, on the course, or at the finish, you will be responsible for cleaning up any mess your pet leaves behind. Come prepared with your own doggie trash bag in case!
- You will have 20 minutes to complete the 1 mile course. After 20 minutes, if you have not yet crossed the finish line, you must move to the sidewalk.
- Failure to comply with the rules listed above will result in expulsion from the event without refund.